qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] sh4 linux user emulation on an x86_64 system

From: michael
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] sh4 linux user emulation on an x86_64 system
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:53:11 +0200

Vince Weaver wrote:
Hello

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, michael wrote:
qemu-sh4-32 I don't have problems. I have the log and the program run ok.

If I recompile for the qemu-sh4-64 the system crash. I find the reason of the

I have nothing useful to add, except that I have been trying to track down a very similar problem with qemu-cris. It works fine on x86, but gets stuck in x86-64 due to the PC getting mis-set. The problem seems possibly related to the exception handling code which uses longjmp. Maybe the problems are related.

Vince

In the user-mode I see that the expection handling just set the expeciont reason to -1. I will try to track down the problem. I don't find how the tcg avoid the use of low part of a register that is used used for special purpose. The x86_64 has the notion only of the 64bit register but a 64bit register
can be used only in the low part. Another thing is the define:

#define CODE_GEN_ALIGN 16 /* must be >= of the size of a icache line */

In the x86_64 is not 64?

Regards Michael