qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] release date of qemu 0.9.2?

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] release date of qemu 0.9.2?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:56:12 -0200

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thiemo Seufer wrote:
>>
>> Anthony Liguori wrote:

>>> A lot of previously supported hosts are no longer supported with TCG.  I
>>>  would think adding those hosts would be more important than completing  the
>>> TCG conversion before cutting a new release.
>>>

>> I disagree. The most important hosts are supported, the other hosts
>> were largely experimental anyway, and getting rid of dyngen / gcc3
>> is IMHO worth a release.
>>

> Personally, I'd like to see much more frequent releases (every 3-6 months).
>  I'm okay with not having complete features (like the dyngen->TCG
> conversion) or host regressions because I think there's value in having
> releases regularly compared to feature based releases.
>
> What do other people think?  I'd be willing to do the leg work of releases.

I believe there's a lot of users who grab the stable releases, but
won't grab the development snapshots.
So usually releasing official releases more often means more testing happening.

I believe it's worthy.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."