qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: VNC Password

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: VNC Password
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:30:11 +0300

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, "Daniel P. Berrange" <address@hidden> writes:
> If you want daemonized instances, and wish to use the monitor, then
> rather than using '-monitor stdio', it'd be better to have it connect
> to something like a UNIX socket, eg
>
>    -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu/mysock,server

Excuse my ignorance, but when I use above command, qemu types "QEMU
waiting for connection on: /var/run/qemu/monitor.preprod" on the command
line and hangs at that state. Is this something expected? If so how can
I connect to it or make it drop into qemu command line?

(BTW, while doing above things, I'm in the console and X and any other X
relevant parts are totally closed.)

> -vnc localhost:1,password

I used "-vnc localhost:1". While I can see qemu-system-x86 listens on
port 5901

  $ nc 192.168.1.10 5901
  (UNKNOWN) [192.168.1.10] 5901 (?) : Connection refused

Regards.