qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:22:50 -0200

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Robert Riebisch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anthony Liguori wrote:
>
>> The live migration code broke the windows build.  As part of this
>> change, I've switched the BIOS path to C:\Program Files\Qemu instead of
>> /c/Program Files/Qemu.  The later is only valid when launching from MSYS
>> but the former is always valid.
>
> Why do you always want the BIOS path hard-coded? I've made a small patch
> for QEMU 0.9.1 to determine path, i.e. current directory, at runtime. I
> could send it to you for adapting to SVN.

This is a bad idea, IMHO. We currently do have an option to allow for
runtime selecting
bios image locations, with the -L switch. The hardcoded version is a
fallback, and for that case,
it's better to be totally explicit about which directory we're picking
things from.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."