qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [5524] Fix windows build after migration changes
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:44:48 +0200

Am 24.10.2008 um 17:37 schrieb Paul Brook:

On Friday 24 October 2008, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Robert Riebisch wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
That would be great. I don't know that we want to go on the current
directory though.  There's a Windows API for finding Program Files.
That's probably what we want to do.

Why do you want to look for "Program Files" instead? Just let QEMU
determine its own folder via GetModuleFileName() and look there for the
BIOS files.

That's not the same as CWD and is probably the right thing to do.

We could also do the same thing for Linux et al.

On Linux et al. the BIOS usually does not live where the binary is, no?
(e.g., bin vs. share)

For instance, on Solaris a 64-bit QEMU might want to live in $prefix/ bin/amd64 but could use a non-amd64-specific BIOS. The relative path ../share/qemu/ from the binary's location would not work then; hardcoding via configure (but letting the user override) seems nicer on non-Windows and is quite common for autoconf-based projects.

Andreas