qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [5578] Increase default IO timeout from 10ms to 5s

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [5578] Increase default IO timeout from 10ms to 5s
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:04:18 -0600

Jan Kiszka wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
If anyone notices a slow down, I'd check this revision.  There may be
broken bits of code out there that depends on wake up rate.  I've done a
fair bit of testing and haven't found any but you never know.

OK, here is one brokenness for you: Musicpal (qemu-arm-system) becomes
unusable, sounds is stopping for seconds, even keyboard input is
inpossible, including switching to the monitor console. What should I
check for? Note that this board uses a ptimer to a PIT to the guest. May
this make a difference here?

Keyboard input should be governed by the VGA refresh timer which should be firing 30 times a second.

How do you have qemu configured? Are you using SDL? What sound driver are you using on the host?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Jan