qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Getting compiled Linux working on qemu-system-arm

From: Prasad H.L.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Getting compiled Linux working on qemu-system-arm
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:04:26 -0800 (PST)

Is there any particular configuration option that needs to be set in the Linux
kernel config file for it to work on qemu-system-arm?

I was trying to compile 2.6.27.5 Linux kernel for ARM using gcc toolchain
obtained and installed from debian repository for armeb in emulated ARM machine
on qemu provided on the qemu website (by Paul Brook). The compilation went on
fine. I tried to use vmlinuz and initrd file generated from the compilation to
start on the qemu system. The qemu system window was not showing anything for a
long time after which I gave up. Then, using the config file present in the
disk image provided on the qemu site, I compiled the Linux kernel version
2.6.18.4, which is same as the version provided on the qemu site for ARM, and
tried again without any success. Hence, I am asking the above question.

With Regards,
Prasad H. L.