qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: sr 3:0:0:0: Device not ready: <6>: Current: sense k

From: Ryan Harper
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: sr 3:0:0:0: Device not ready: <6>: Current: sense key: Not Ready
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:19:45 -0600

* Volkan YAZICI <address@hidden> [2008-11-11 09:31]:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Ryan Harper <address@hidden> writes:
> > Actually, I think it is the cdrom device.  I've been seeing these as
> > well, and there are likely to be related to the scsi sense codes that
> > have been recently added.
>
> Any suggestions for the fix?

Not yet, I've not had a chance to dig into it just yet.  You could try
svn before Fri Oct 17 08:08:56 2008 +0000 which I believe is when the
sense codes were committed, "scsi-generic: correct error management" in
the commit log.  If you try a version before that, and you no longer see
the error codes then that confirms it's the sense codes that are causing
issues and hopefully we can track down if we're sending the wrong code,
or something else.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx