qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [5636] Run timers from host alarm timer callback

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [5636] Run timers from host alarm timer callback
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:00:39 -0600

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Luis Pureza wrote:
Hi,

This commit caused a noticeable slowdown while using the instruction
counting mechanism. I'm testing with the sparc-test image and with
--icount auto.

Yeah, I take it that all timers don't result in signals when using icount and that we rely on select() timeout instead. Let me look a little more closely at the code and I'll come up with a fix.

Did r5623 happen to fix this problem?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori