qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] bt-hci-csr problem

From: Dmitry Baryshkov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] bt-hci-csr problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 01:42:59 +0300

Hi,

When trying to add support for bt-hci-csr to tosa I stumbled upon a
problem. hciattach always displayed "timed out" error. After short
debugging I narrowed it to the following problem:

The first packet that hciattach was sending is:
0x01, 0x00, 0xfc, 0x17,
0xc2, 0x00, 0x00, 0x09,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x19,
0x28, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

At first glance it's perfectly valid. However csrhci_data_len() function
adds 1 to the length of this packet and thus does not detect the end of
the packet correctly.

Most probably we should be more precise in selecting which commands have
incorrect length, shouldn't we? Or is that a problem with my hciattach?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry