qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha - syscalls can return two values

From: Vince Weaver
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha - syscalls can return two values
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:34:38 -0500 (EST)

and to keep correcting myself, it seems like the Alpha multi-value
return syscalls do not in fact use the stack at all.

I'm just posting this to clear up what I posted earlier.

What happens is:
  normal return value goes into $v0 (as always)
  errno is put into $a3 (as always)
  secondary return value is placed into $a4.

I have a patch that implements this that I'll send in a separate e-mail.

Vince