qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW2 multiple disk (not VM) snapshots

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW2 multiple disk (not VM) snapshots
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:33:31 +0100

Kevin Wolf schrieb:
> Anthony Liguori schrieb:
>> Care to resubmit with a proper Signed-off-by line?  Seems like a useful
>> feature.
>
> Sure, that's what I wanted to do anyway. I just want to do at least a
> bit more than only compile testing before.

Well, creating the disk snapshot seems to work. It's just that qemu
seems to be confused to get a snapshot without VM state when you try to
loadvm the snapshot in a VM. However, the same seems to apply if you use
savevm with two qcow2 images and later try to loadvm from the second
image where no VM state is written to.

So it's not only broken because of qemu snapshot -c but a more general
problem. If "then don't do that" is enough for now, I can submit my
current patch for inclusion.

Kevin