qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mistake in qemu man page?

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mistake in qemu man page?
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:25:38 +0100

Hi,

Am 03.12.2008 um 07:40 schrieb Ryan Hayle:

The qemu man page includes an "hda" parameter to -soundhw, which I think must be a mistake...

      -soundhw card1[,card2,...] or -soundhw all
          Enable audio and selected sound hardware. Use ? to print all
          available sound hardware.

                  qemu -soundhw sb16,adlib hda
                  qemu -soundhw es1370 hda
                  qemu -soundhw ac97 hda
                  qemu -soundhw all hda
                  qemu -soundhw ?

At first I thought you had added emulating an Intel HDA sound adapter, but since it's not in the list of sound drivers, I thought I would post it here.

hda refers to the name of the disk image for IDE harddisk one, i.e. yourhda.img. Otherwise the qemu command line is incomplete and won't work (or prompt for an image). Note that it's apparently not necessary for ?, so it makes sense to keep it in some form.

Andreas