qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu terminates in fullscreen with multiple X'es

From: Mark Roberts
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu terminates in fullscreen with multiple X'es
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:26:01 +0100 (CET)

Dear list,

I am running Linux 2.4.21.

I use XFree 4.3.0.1

I use an X server on console 7 for qemu, and a different X server on
console 8 for other stuff.

I can reproduce a crash of qemu by launching it in fullscreen mode (on
console 7) and changing to the other X instance (on console 8) to wait for
the OS within qemu to start.

As soon as the operating system running inside qemu attempts to change the
screen resolution, qemu crashes with:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  134 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
  Value in failed request:  0x3a
  Serial number of failed request:  249

In other words:

When running in fullscreen mode on an X server that is not currently
displaying, qemu crashes when attempting to change the screen resolution.

The crash also occurs when qemu runs in fullscreen mode on the only X
server and I change to a text console while the OS within qemu is starting
up.

All the best from
Mark Roberts (British, in Germany)
(NOT A LIST MEMBER)