qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Modular qemu?

From: Lionel Landwerlin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Modular qemu?
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:23:51 +0100

Le vendredi 05 décembre 2008 à 23:10 +0100, Edgar E. Iglesias a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:32:45AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > Joop Boonen wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>

> Personnaly I would welcome some kind of plugin interface for some parts of
> QEMU but only if someone comes up wiht a an interface that does not hurt
> performace. I'd definitely have a use to plugin callbacks for every memory
> accesse in system-mode and I've noticed a reocurring request for hooks to
> trap syscalls while user-mode emulating.
>
> Best regards
> Edgar

Hello everyone,

Edgar,

that's exactly what I implemented the past week. I needed to simulate a
proprietary driver from a syscall point of view.

I added hooks for syscalls with basic priorities.

Here a few patch (it's a work in progress).

I'm also interrested in splitting the big sys.call.c (~6k lines) using
theses hooks.

Regards,

--
Lione Landwerlin

O p e n W i d e                    14, rue Gaillon 75002 Paris