qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SCSI emulation not recognised with Windows Web Server 2008

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SCSI emulation not recognised with Windows Web Server 2008 guest
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:33:37 +0000

Juergen Lock wrote:
> (I tested dd bs=64k count=500 </dev/vda >/dev/null and
> similar with a raw image, both scsi and virtio were always faster than ide.)

On a related note, I tried using KVM's SCSI with Windows Web Server
2008, and at install time it didn't recognise the SCSI device, asking
for a driver disk.  So I had to use IDE.  Anyone had any better luck
with Windows and SCSI?  Was this device supported by older versions of
Windows?

On virtio, just wondering if anyone's interested in writing Windows
virtio block drivers?

Cheers,
-- Jamie