qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SCSI emulation not recognised with Windows Web Server 2

From: Dor Laor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SCSI emulation not recognised with Windows Web Server 2008 guest
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:39:50 +0200

Jamie Lokier wrote:
Juergen Lock wrote:

(I tested dd bs=64k count=500 </dev/vda >/dev/null and
similar with a raw image, both scsi and virtio were always faster than ide.)

On a related note, I tried using KVM's SCSI with Windows Web Server
2008, and at install time it didn't recognise the SCSI device, asking
for a driver disk.  So I had to use IDE.  Anyone had any better luck
with Windows and SCSI?  Was this device supported by older versions of
Windows?

Yes it was. I wonder if there is no win2008 driver?
On virtio, just wondering if anyone's interested in writing Windows
virtio block drivers?

We'll write one. It will take a while.
Cheers,
-- Jamie