qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: 4xx TLB fixes

From: Andrew May
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: 4xx TLB fixes
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:19:05 -0800

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 00:17:35 -0800
Andrew May <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't all the details of the 4xx MMU stuff, but I think these 2
> fixes for the tlb handling are correct.

No the patch isn't up to date. But I just tried to merge it and things
have gone backwards for me.
And I am kicking myself for not saving off logs to compare how things
are going wrong.

It seems that inside linux "setup_arg_pages()" calls
"move_page_tables()".
And when the code tries to return back to setup_arg_pages(), it fails
to find the kernel code that was just there.
The get_phys_addr_code() does a cpu_abort there, but I don't see that
the MMU code is being checked there.

I haven't been able to debug it too much more.

ps: I am not on the list so, please cc me.