qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: First OOPS

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: First OOPS
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:38:04 +0100

Le 22 déc. 08 à 17:23, Blue Swirl a écrit :

On 12/22/08, Laurent Vivier <address@hidden> wrote:

Le 22 déc. 08 à 12:20, Blue Swirl a écrit :

On 12/22/08, Laurent Vivier <address@hidden> wrote:

On an install CD there is a forth script which start yaboot with good
parameters but currently OpenBIOS is not able to decode this script
(inside
XML tags).

Did OHW ever handle this?

It does, but it is a hack: it computes the checksum of the script to
identify it, and according the checksum the things to do are hardcoded into
OHW.

You have a big "switch()" and a "case" for each known script (for instance
"debian etch install CD", "debian sarge install CD", etc).

Well, it wasn't that hard. The patch o_2_use_bootinfo.diff adds
parsing of CHRP file ppc\bootinfo.txt. Still, the loaded yaboot does
not work. Maybe a problem with ELF loader?

I've shuffled the patch series a bit, so here are all pending patches.
Would anyone mind if I applied them?
< q_1_ppc_openbios .diff > < q_2_ppc_use_prom_env .diff > < q_3_ppc_use_fw_cfg .diff > < o_1_ppc_add_boot.diff><o_2_use_bootinfo.diff><o_3_ppc_use_fw_cfg.diff>

I don't totally agree with some of them, but it is a good start and all are really needed, so please apply...

Regards,
Laurent
- Alan Kay