qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Ongoing changes to the displaying code

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Ongoing changes to the displaying code
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:50:34 -0600

Daniel Gutson wrote:
Hi,
I'm doing some development related with the displaying bits, and wanted to give an early notice for syncing purposes (specially in terms of Stefano's work).

The development I'm doing intends to add a GUI, which the following abilities: - show more than one DisplayState in a single VT (I think this was previously referred as 'DS multiplexing'), capable of being a mix of graphic/text (see below)
    - add a skin to each VT
    - provide "buttons" with associated actions (such as keyboard input)
    - define all these attributes from an XML file
- in the case of VNC, the ability to show a different VT in each connection.

I don't think any of this is a good idea with the exception of supporting multiple DisplayStates.

If you want skins and such, you should just build an external GUI than connects to QEMU via VNC.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori