qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] v2: KVM: support for 'count' in CPUID functions 4, 0xb

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] v2: KVM: support for 'count' in CPUID functions 4, 0xb and 0xd.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:25:32 +0100

On 13.01.2009, at 08:09, Amit Shah wrote:

These two patches were sent separately earlier. There are a couple of
small changes in this version, including removal of a debug message that
was left behind.

Are you sure this actually implements the CPUID 4 leaf? I bet it simply submits multiple KVM_SET_CPUID ioctls, from which the kernel module picks the last one (0), not exposing _any_ cache information to the guest.

For exactly this purpose KVM_SET_CPUID2 was introduced quite a while ago, enabling support for all CPUID leaf flavors on the kernel side. Merely the userspace call is missing.

Nevertheless - thanks for taking onto this. Cpuid4 enabling is one of the (pretty low-prio) items on my TODO list for Mac OS X guest support.

Alex