qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Small powerpc system emulation problem with linux

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Small powerpc system emulation problem with linux
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:36:38 +0100

Le 15 janv. 09 à 00:05, Lennart Sorensen a écrit :
[...]
lsprop /proc/device-tree

Hmm, OK.  I will try that.

Look at this:

http://penguinppc.org/historical/dev-trees-html/

So for some reason I have it working with yaboot (which is supposedly
only for newworld machines) along with openbios.  Hmm.

In fact oldworld machines have buggy openfirmware but linux detects them by looking if there is an interrupt-controller.
Better way should to look at the openprom model property.

We have chosen to emulate an oldworld machine first, because hardware is simpler, but we are using openbios which is a v3 openfirmware. So we have an oldworld hardware with v3 openfirmware. To be able to boot we add in the openbios device tree some "AAPL," properties linux uses on oldworld machines.

Regards,
Laurent

"Tout ce qui est impossible reste à accomplir"    Jules Verne
"Things are only impossible until they're not" Jean-Luc Picard