qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Machine-readable or parseable qemu output

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Machine-readable or parseable qemu output
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:48:06 +0200

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
But you can conditionally use the new library instead of your custom parsing code for newer QEMU versions.

That is true, but if there are a number of apps around which want to
support multiple versions of QEMU, it is beneficial to centralize
this conditional logic in libqemumonitor.so instead, of making each
app implement the compat logic for the existing monitor format. I'm
not against adding a new machine friendly monitor format, I'd just
prefer it if one library API could provide impl for both old and new
format, obviously preferring to use the new format where available.

Perhaps libvirt can donate its parsing code for use as a fallback in libqemumonitor.so.

signature is too narrow to contain.