qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound on a Power Mac?

From: C.W. Betts
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound on a Power Mac?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:19:10 -0700

I tried using the AC97 sound card, but ALSA didn't detect it.
On Jan 18, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Paul Brook wrote:

On Monday 19 January 2009, C.W. Betts wrote:
What would be the best sound card to select for use with the emulated
G3 Beige computer?  I'm trying to get sound working using the Debian
Etch PowerPC image provided by Aurelien Jarno.  It shows two options
when I run alsaconf: PowerMac and Legacy. It complained when I chose
PowerMac, and I don't know if the power mac supports ISA cards.

I'm pretty sure that machine has PCI, so it should be a small amount of
hacking to make it use any of the PCI audio devices.

Of course whether they'll actually work on a big-endian machine is a different
question.

Paul