qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC problems

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC problems
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:40:03 +0000

Blue Swirl wrote:

Hi,

There are some problems with VNC on Sparc64 and PPC targets, the
client can't to connect to the server. If I stop the CPU with -S flag,
the client connects successfully. For some reason i386 and Sparc32 do
not have this problem.

Most of the VNC clients I tried disconnected with "Rect too large:
800x600 at (0, 0)", only RealVNC 4.1.1 could handle it.

I think this is being caused by an incorrect machine instruction somewhere. From my debugging here, I see that when booting the Sparc64 image, gdb gets stuck in a loop somewhere in cpu_exec() in vl.c:main_loop() and so never makes it down to vl.c:main_loop_wait() to process the VNC events.

Does anyone have any HOWTOs/clues/debugging resources for qemu to help when trying to troubleshoot these kinds of low-level problems?

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland