qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:09:12 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:26:33AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I just did an svn checkout since some of the changes in the last 5 days
> since my last build sounded useful.
>
> Well something not so good also happened.  With the build from 5 days
> ago, qemu would happily use 100% of one cpu core, and run at a decent
> speed.  Today's build seems to only want to use 10 to 20% of a cpu core
> and runs very slowly.

Why do you mean by very slow? How do you measure that? On my side the
boot time is the same within a couple of second between last "5 days
ago" and now.

> Is this a known problem, or does this need some investigating?  Is there
> any kind of bisect like facility in svn to help track it down?  Anyone
> want to take a stab and guessing which commit did this?

The fist thing would be to get the exact revision from "5 days ago". And
then you can try to bisect using git. There is a git mirror of the
current SVN on git.kernel.org

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden