qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:49:14 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:09:12PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Why do you mean by very slow? How do you measure that? On my side the
> boot time is the same within a couple of second between last "5 days
> ago" and now.

Boot time of about a minute versus about 6 or 7 minutes.  Seems to scale
completely with the drop in cpu usage.  Use 1/6 of the cpu and run 6
times slower.

> The fist thing would be to get the exact revision from "5 days ago". And
> then you can try to bisect using git. There is a git mirror of the
> current SVN on git.kernel.org

OK, I am trying to find how I can get the svn commit number from the
result of make -k tar.  All I have found so far just says svn.

I of course didn't keep the previous checkout since I just did svn
update in the same directory.

Well there can't be that many commits in 5 days, so I should be able to
pick somewhere to start a bisect from.

--
Len Sorensen