qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Extremely slow graphic updates

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Extremely slow graphic updates
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:54:40 -0600

Paul Brook wrote:
'ssh -X fastserver' and running qemu there.  With the new display code
this has made qemu very slow and hardly useable.

I'm seeing similar extreme slowness even on a local machine.

Particularly noticeable is that the monitor displayed on a qemu virtual SDL console (i.e. the defaut) slow enough to be practically unusable. It's taking the best part of a second to rendering a character.

This is on an otherwise fast machine that does not have accelerated X drivers, which suggests we're doing something really dumb like reading from video ram.

I have confirmed that this is caused by r6336.

I'll look into this tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Paul