qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: More displaystate fallout?

From: Stefano Stabellini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: More displaystate fallout?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:15:35 +0000

Stefan Weil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe the bug is related to a similar one I got:
>
> Emulation of a system without VGA will crash while switching from
> serial console to monitor. I got this crash with SDL and VNC displays.

I don't think that the problem you are seeing is related to this one.
I assume that you have manually applied this patch:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-01/msg01304.html

because it has not been committed yet.

> The crash is caused by a surface which is too small: your patch for
> dumb terminals assumes 640 x 480 pixels, but the monitor is much
> larger. So the allocated display data is too small.

I tried to reproduce the issue but so far I didn't get any crash: I am
starting a VM with -vga none and switching from the monitor to the
serial and back.
So far is working correctly for me.