qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Add Intel VT support to QEMU?

From: Jason Martens
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Add Intel VT support to QEMU?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:48:18 -0600

Kevin Wolf wrote:
Jason Martens schrieb:
Hello Everyone
  I'm a part of a school group, and we are looking at adding Intel VT
support to QEMU for a class project.  We would be implementing support
for VT guests, so that other VMMs that rely on VT could be run/debugged
using QEMU.  We are not familiar with QEMU code (yet!), so we are
looking for some feedback from all of you experts.

1. Has this been attempted before, or is there any existing code for
this?  I saw some posts about a year ago that perhaps someone started on
it, but nothing after that.

I've started to implement it once, but haven't come very far. The very
basic instructions are implemented, but that's it. IIRC you could load
the KVM modules but it wouldn't run anything.

If you like I can try to rebase my code on the current SVN version and
send you a patch series.
Sure, that would be great. Or, if you don't have any time just send me what you have and we can use it for reference/starting point.

Thanks,
Jason Martens