qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [6392] Add BIOS fixes from KVM tree

From: Sebastian Herbszt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [6392] Add BIOS fixes from KVM tree
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:36:16 +0100

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry to say that, but my tests showed that
0004_kvm-bios-add-mtrr-support.patch is buggy. It reads MSR_MTRRcap
unconditionally which is not allowed if the CPUID features do not have
CPUID_MTRR set. Real hardware will #GP in that case.
This was found by my MSR access tracing patch.

Please add a check for the CPUID_MTRR feature bit before reading
MSR_MTRRcap. Thanks.

I am in the process of adding this to Bochs. I added checks for CPUID_MTRR
and CPUID_MSR and those could go in on next merge.

- Sebastian