qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mips board that can support >256 megs?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mips board that can support >256 megs?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:59:50 -0600

I've been playing with the malta emulation, but could never get it to use more
than 256 megs of ram.  According to svn 6149, this is inherent in both malta
and r4k, so now I'm looking at other board options.

The 2.6.28.2 kernel's arch/mips/configs directory doesn't mention pica or
magnum.  There's a mipssim_defconfig but when I built that

A) it hung on the delay calibration (jiffies never advances so the loop in
init/calibrate.c function calibrate_delay).  In theory I could pass in an lpj=
option on the kernel command line, but:

B) The -kernel and -append options aren't passing in a kernel command line,
it's only using the compiled-in one in the kernel.

C) It's hardwired to 32 megs, specifically in arch/mips/mipssim/sim_mem.c
function prom_getmdesc().  So although I can tell qemu to use a meg of memory,
it won't use it anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions at which board I should look at next, and
where to find a kernel .config for it?

Thanks,

Rob