qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmmouse

From: Rick Vernam
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmmouse
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:31:46 -0600

On Thursday 29 January 2009 2:58:27 pm you wrote:
> In article <address@hidden> you write:
> >For the past few days (10-15, longer?) both my windows vms seem to have
> > broken mice - the mouse cursor does not move in the guest...
> >Both guests run windows (2k,xp) and both have vmware mouse driver
> > installed (not sure which version, off the top of my head).
> >
> >I've not followed the list too closely during this time period either - in
> >trying to catch up tonight I haven't seen anything on this subject, so I'm
> >posting to see if this is a known issue...
> >
> >I built qemu with DEBUG_VMMOUSE turned on in hw/vmmouse.c.
> >When I run qemu I get a single vmmouse_init right when qemu starts, but
> > then no additional output.
> >
> >Perhaps this is a separate issue, but when I "usb_add tablet" the mouse
> > cursor becomes constrained to the upper left corner of the guests'
> > screen.
> >
> >Any ideas about what might be going on?
> >Thanks
>
> `It's dead, Jim!' ;)
>
>  Yeah, I had reported vmmouse brokenness before (for linux guests):
>       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-01/msg01061.html
>
>  I guess its good (in a way) you confirm its broken for windows
> guests too...
>
>       Juergen

It seems the brokenness extends beyond the mouse - the arrow keys on the
keyboard are not behaving correctly either, although the arrows on the keypad
are working correctly.
Another example: when qemu grabs the input, in the past I've been able to hit
ctrl-alt-delete to send those keys to the guest...this no longer works.  I
have to go to the qemu monitor and do a sendkey ctrl-alt-delete