qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Building QEMU CVS with DirectSound on MinGW broken

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Building QEMU CVS with DirectSound on MinGW broken
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 01:04:15 +0300 (MSK)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Robert Riebisch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm getting this error:
> c:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/rpcdce.h:369:
> error: syntax error before "__attribute__"
>
> I was able to fix this by moving inclusion of `dsound.h' above that of
> `qemu-common.h'. The real cause seems to be "#define noreturn
> __attribute__ ((__noreturn__))" in `qemu-common.h'. This has been added
> in r6303 and "fixed" in r6330.

Aha, so finally we are at the bottom of things. Thanks.

[..snip..]

> I've just removed `objbase.h', because it will be included with
> `dsound.h' already.

The fix however is wrong, Microsoft states that CoCreateInstance
should reside in objbase.h thus removing it is wrong, unless somone
could find the same being stated about dsound.h always including objbase.

While pretty and seductive the idea of lower case noreturn was always
rotten. (Not that one can not make a strong case for blaming w32api
developers for that particular way of handling noreturn in rpcdce.h)

--
mailto:address@hidden