qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:50:52 +0100

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:48:22PM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> What do people think?  TCG seems to be in a good place.  We've got
> virtio, KVM, live migration, tons of new devices, bsd-user, etc.
>
> We could decide to cut one by the end of the month.  I'm already doing
> some test work in QEMU so I can follow up with some more detailed notes
> about what is working and what isn't working.  That gives us some time
> to decide if there's anything we need to fix before a release.

That's a really good idea.

I would like to see the switch of the remaining PowerPC machine from
OpenHackware to OpenBIOS. We don't have the sources of the current
ppc_rom.bin binary, and I don't feel comfortable making a release with
it. We probably have the sources of an older version.

This at least concerned ppc_chrp.c (ppc_prep.c could probably simply
be dropped).

I have no idea about how long it would take.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net