qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Add -net dump option

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Add -net dump option
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:05:49 +0000

Tristan Gingold wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 1:15 PM, Jamie Lokier wrote:
>
> >Tristan Gingold wrote:
> >>I have fixed this by making slirp client somewhat special: it is
> >>always the last client.  I think this is
> >>the simplest and most efficient method.
> >
> >Does this change mean "-net user -net user" no longer crashes after
> >overflowing the stack? :-)
>
> This patch makes "-net user -net user" not possible because you can't
> have two last clients.
> Slightly better ;-)

Much better. :-)

I spent a few hours once wondering why QEMU worked great until the
Windows guest did its first network access, and then QEMU crashed...

Turns out I was passing "-net user" twice on the command line, due to
a typo in my management program.

I'd already had to find workarounds for other crashes in the guest and
a bug in QEMU up to that point, so I wasn't expecting it to be so simple :-)

-- Jamie