qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:07:39 +0000

> * Point me to the FDT code I'm supposed to integrate.  I'm looking for
>   basic decorated tree stuff: create trees, traverse them, get and put
>   properties, add and delete nodes, read and write them as plain,
>   human-readable text.

I've been threatening to merge my FDT code for a while, but haven't got round
to it.  I've attached A drop of my current code, along with a bunch of
example devices (I haven't yet converted any of the current machines).
The basic strategy is the devices should only have deal with this interface,
and not with teh config structures or the rest of qemu directly. Register
windows and interrupts are converted, but things like DMA accesses still use
the old interfaces.

Most of the devices (e.g. the serial port) support both new and old init
methods. A few (e.g. nand controller) are pure devtree based devices.

Paul