qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Git and SVN at savannah.nongnu.org

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Git and SVN at savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:46:37 -0600

Gabriel Southern wrote:
Hi,

Is the Git repository at git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/qemu.git being
kept up-to-date, or should I switch to a different mirror?  It looks
like its last update was on Jan 27 and there have been lots of commits
to the SVN repository since then.  If anyone has advice about what
server to use I appreciate it.

The git repo on Savannah will eventually become the official git tree. I'm still experimenting with the git capabilities of Savannah.

I'd like to switch us from SVN to git after the next release. I took a survey of the current maintainers and almost all of them are currently using git. Most of the patches being submitted are also against a git tree.

What's in the Savannah git tree is from git.kernel.org. I've checked and it is also compatible with the tree on repo.or.cz. As long as you use the obvious options to git-svn, the resulting tree should be compatible.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thanks,

-Gabriel