qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] PPC emulation performance issues

From: Bruce Beare (bbeare)
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] PPC emulation performance issues
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:50:21 -0800

Thank you.

I've determined that SVN delta number 3935 caused a 3
micro second performance hit for system calls on the
PREP image (not -m603). The hit doesn't appear to have been
due to the elimination of the push/pop and replacement of
them with the move - I don't know if it is cache/alignment with
the tlb data structure or the macro change... I'll look into that later.

This isn't, however, the main problem. SVN delta 4600 (changing the
variable dynamic translation buffer size) appears to have cause a
heavy hit on the application performance. I've just begun to look into
this
to see what's causing the problem.

-Bruce