qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:52:47 +0100

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Andrea Pellegrini
<address@hidden> wrote:
> In the file linux-user/mmap.c, which is the difference between the two
> following lines? Does the first one provide the virtual address while the
> second one is already translated in the real address?
>
>       p = mmap(g2h(mmap_start),
>                host_len, prot, flags | MAP_FIXED, fd, host_offset);
>
>       p = mmap(real_start ? g2h(real_start) : NULL,
>                host_len, prot, flags, fd, host_offset);
>
> I'm just starting to work on tracking the load/store. :-)

I don't think you have to care about that.  You want to print the
addresses your guest accesses (which are virtual since you're
running linux user mode, IIUC).

As I don't know anything about 0.9.1, all I can recommend is
again to look at what Vincent did;  in particular this:

http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~vince/projects/qemu-trace/qemu-mips-dinero.patch

Laurent