qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] downscript not run when using quit in monitor

From: Jędrzej Kalinowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] downscript not run when using quit in monitor
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:27:19 +0100

Hello,

I'm using qemu to simulate various network booting scenarios w pxe/gPXE.
I use my ifup / ifdown script to set up / destroy tap devices form the qemu
instance.

However if I 'quit' qemu from the monitor - the downscript is not executed.
Is it by design or should it be classified as a bug?
If it's fine - how can I close the machine properly (with downscript
execution) in -curses mode? It has no OS loaded - it didn't succeded to
boot from pxe..

Thanks,
Jedrzej Kalinowski
--