qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Machine description as data prototype, take 3 (was: [RF

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Machine description as data prototype, take 3 (was: [RFC] Machine description as data)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:53:47 +0000

On Thursday 19 February 2009, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Third iteration of the prototype.
>
> What about an early merge?  If your answer to that is "yes, but", what
> exactly do you want changed?

I dislike that you've got everything lumped together. In its current form it's
unclear that it's actually an improvement from what we currently have. There
still seems to be an awful lot of code that's extremely PC specific, and I
can't tell whether/which interfaces achieve separation from the legacy
hardcoded PC nastyness and generic machine descriptions.

I'm also worried that we have both user config (image files, vlans, etc) and
machine description (devices instantiation, etc) described in the same place.
I still believe these should be separate tasks, with clear boundaries between
the two.

Paul