qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6388] Stop VM on ENOSPC error.

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6388] Stop VM on ENOSPC error.
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:26:08 -0600

Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:

I recently got burnt by the default being "report". I was doing an installation and ran out of disk space. The guest did not do anything intelligible with the error reports and froze very hard (as you'd expect).

I've been burned multiple times (before the patch went in, by the previous corrupt-me-disk behaviour).

:-) I'm curious, has "report" ever saved you? My guest went completely fubar. Have you ever run into a disk error that wasn't ENOSPC?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Any objection to changing to default to enospc?

I'll object to any objection!