qemu-devel

Re: [OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] OpenBIOS release

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] OpenBIOS release
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:37:28 +0100

Le 1 mars 09 à 20:19, François Revol a écrit :

On 3/1/09, François Revol <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I think we are pretty much ready for the 1.0 release of
OpenBIOS.
I'll
bump the version number, update the web pages and upload the
image
files also to Qemu within a few hours, unless there are
objections.

Does this one support -nographics ?

Yes.

Also, while I got a binary that makes the Haiku loader go a little
further, it's not booting yet, though I can't assert if it's
OpenBIOS
or the loader.

AFAIK it actually used to boot long ago on Pegasos, so it should
still
do more than currently.

This is what I get with Haiku:
0 > boot

checking for memory...
0: base = 0x00000000, size = 134217728
1: empty region
total physical memory = 128 MB
suggested page table size = 1048576
need new page table, size = 1048576!
new table at: 0x07d00000
MSR: 0x00003030
found 4 translations
found page table!
no mapping for the exception handlers!

Laurent Vivier handed me a binary which prints a little more:

checking for memory...
0: base = 0x00000000, size = 134217728
1: empty region
total physical memory = 128 MB
suggested page table size = 1048576
need new page table, size = 1048576!
new table at: 0x07d00000
MSR: 0x00003030
found 6 translations
found exception handlers!
found page table!

Don't know exactly what he changed.

I've added a translation for vectors page, I didn't commit it because it doesn't solve all the problems with haiku bootloader.

Though it still seems to hand in set-callbacks.

In fact, I think it hangs later, but I didn't have time to search why.

Regards,
Laurent