qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.0 of QEMU

From: Jonathan Kalbfeld
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.0 of QEMU
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:54:32 -0800

I am working on seeing if I can package this up for Solaris/SPARC.

I will put a postinstall script in so the last thing the users see is
a dedication to Thiemo.

I'm crossing my fingers that it will work on Solaris 10/sparc.

jonathan

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> The QEMU team is pleased to announce the availability of the 0.10.0 release.
>  This release has been a year in the making and is the result of almost
> 3,000 changesets from around 80 developers.
>
> It can be downloaded from Savannah at:
>
>  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/qemu/qemu-0.10.0.tar.gz
>
> The changes are too numerous to list here, but some highlights include:
>
> o TCG support
>  - No longer requires GCC 3.x
> o Kernel Virtual Machine acceleration support
> o BSD userspace emulation
> o Bluetooth emulation and host passthrough support
> o GDB XML register description support
> o Intel e1000 emulation
> o HPET emulation
> o VirtIO paravirtual device support
> o Marvell 88w8618 / MusicPal emulation
> o Nokia N-series tablet emulation / OMAP2 processor emulation
> o PCI hotplug support
> o Live migration and new save/restore formats
> o Curses display support
> o qemu-nbd utility to mount supported block formats
> o Altivec support in PPC emulation and new firmware (OpenBIOS)
> o Multiple VNC clients are now supported
> o TLS encryption is now supported in VNC
> o Many, many, bug fixes and new features
>
> We would also like to dedicate this release to the memory of Thiemo Seufer,
> who died tragically in a car accident on December 26th, 2008.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori (on behalf of the QEMU team)

Jonathan Kalbfeld
ThoughtWave Technologies LLC
www.thoughtwave.com

"Yes, we did!"