qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: 0/9: Support SASL authentication in VNC server (

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: 0/9: Support SASL authentication in VNC server (version 4)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:30:06 -0600

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
Previously I provided patches for QEMU's VNC server to support SSL/TLS
and x509 certificates. This provides good encryption capabilities for
the VNC session. It doesn't really address the authentication problem
though.

I have been working to  create a new authentication type in the RFB
protocol to address this need in a generic, extendable way, by mapping
the SASL API into the RFB protocol. Since SASL is a generic plugin
based API, this will allow use of a huge range of auth mechanims over
VNC, without us having to add any more auth code. For example, PAM,
Digest-MD5, GSSAPI/Kerberos, One-time key/password, LDAP password
lookup, SQL db password lookup, and more.

I have got a VNC auth type assigned by the RFB spec maintainers:

  http://realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2008-December/059463.html

Applied 1-8.  I'd like to wait on 9.

There was a lot of rejects because of Jan's series. I fixed these up. I also added another patch that fixed the tabs introduced by your series.

You want to add:

               (indent-tabs-mode . nil)

To your emacs bits.

Regards,