qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6736] Sparse fixes: NULL use, header order, ANSI proto

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6736] Sparse fixes: NULL use, header order, ANSI prototypes, static
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 11:16:24 -0500

Blue Swirl wrote:
Taking vl.c as an example, do you mean that even these headers:
#include <unistd.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <zlib.h>
before config-host.h line are now broken because of missing windows.h
include? Or is it just some header below that?

Just windows headers.  For example, from net.c:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <zlib.h>

/* Needed early for HOST_BSD etc. */
#include "config-host.h"

#ifndef _WIN32
#include <sys/times.h>
#include <sys/wait.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <sys/mman.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <sys/resource.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#ifdef __NetBSD__
#include <net/if_tap.h>
#endif
#ifdef __linux__
#include <linux/if_tun.h>
#endif
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <dirent.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/select.h>
#ifdef HOST_BSD
#include <sys/stat.h>
#if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__DragonFly__)
#include <libutil.h>
#else
#include <util.h>
#endif
#elif defined (__GLIBC__) && defined (__FreeBSD_kernel__)
#include <freebsd/stdlib.h>
#else
#ifdef __linux__
#include <pty.h>
#include <malloc.h>
#include <linux/rtc.h>

/* For the benefit of older linux systems which don't supply it,
   we use a local copy of hpet.h. */
/* #include <linux/hpet.h> */
#include "hpet.h"

#include <linux/ppdev.h>
#include <linux/parport.h>
#endif
#ifdef __sun__
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/ethernet.h>
#include <sys/sockio.h>
#include <netinet/arp.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/in_systm.h>
#include <netinet/ip.h>
#include <netinet/ip_icmp.h> // must come after ip.h
#include <netinet/udp.h>
#include <netinet/tcp.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <syslog.h>
#include <stropts.h>
#endif
#endif
#endif

#if defined(__OpenBSD__)
#include <util.h>
#endif

#if defined(CONFIG_VDE)
#include <libvdeplug.h>
#endif

#ifdef _WIN32
#include <malloc.h>
#include <sys/timeb.h>
#include <mmsystem.h>
#define getopt_long_only getopt_long
#define memalign(align, size) malloc(size)
#endif

mmsystem.h needs windows.h to be included first. We need to get that include from qemu-common.h. I see three options:

1) include qemu-common.h at the top of every file as we were previously
2) split out a qemu-win32.h or something like that that just contained the windows headers included as we need them 3) explicitly include <windows.h> and use -D CFLAGS to set things up as we need it.

I guess #3 looks the best to me.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori