qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unable to re-establish VNC connection after some time

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unable to re-establish VNC connection after some time
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:18:29 +0200

Andreas Olsowski wrote:
Hello fellow kvm users/admins,
 im currently running kvm-84 with linux-2.6.28.4 under x86_64.
 My  2 linux guests are basically running the same kernel (minus iscsi,
multipath and
 kvm support.
 Another guest is a win2008 server.

 All of the machines experience the same problem:

 After  a  while  i can't connect via VNC, UltraVNC as well as RealVNC
 experiencee Timeouts waiting for the server to respond.

 All machines show:
 (qemu) info vnc
  VNC server active on: 0.0.0.0:1
  Client connected

 It  looks  like  something  has  died there ... could it be because i
 didnt   disconnect  my  VNC Client properly?

 Even (qemu) system_reset, will not bring the screen back.

 I am open for suggestions.

Looks like the internal vnc server deadlocked.

What does 'netstat -t' show?

Maybe the vnc gurus on qemu-devel can suggest a way to debug this further.