qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] 440 emulation?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] 440 emulation?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:05:36 -0500

I'm trying to come up with a working 440 toolchain and root filesystem, and I
think I've built one (--with-cpu=440 for the binutils and gcc config seems to
be the magic), but my attempt to test it under qemu with -M bamboo led to an
"Unable to initialize CPU" message, because apparently the 440 isn't actually
supported.

I tried feeding in "-cpu 405" in hopes of getting something to at least launch
(that's what the source code does when it's using kvm, anyway), but it still
said it couldn't initialize the cpu.

Presumably this works for somebody, but I dunno how to get it to do anything
interesting.  What is the status of the bamboo board?

Rob