qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Next stable release

From: René Rebe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Next stable release
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:02:17 +0100

Hi,

Anthony Liguori wrote:
We've accumulated a good number of patches in the stable tree. I'd like to cut a release tomorrow sometime mid-day. I wanted to cut a release this past Wednesday but was too busy. Below is the current changelog. If you can, please test the stable tree and let me know if you run into any issues. I'd appreciate holding off on committing any additional stable patches until after the release tomorrow.

Note, I've tried to make the changelog descriptive enough that someone can look at it to determine whether the stable release fixes their bug.

version 0.10.1:

- virtio-net: allow masking of notifications on empty queue (Alex Williamson)
 - e1000: fix rx descriptor low threshold logic (Alex Willaimson)
 - x86 tcg: add NULL checks to lsl instruction (Jan Kiszka)
 - kvm vga: fix screen corruption with -std-vga and Windows (Avi Kivity)
- kvm vga: fix screen corruption with Ubuntu installations (Glauber Costa)
 - virtio-net: check right return size on sg list (Alex Williamson)
 - Make qemu_announce_self handle holes (live migration after hotplug)
   (Marcelo Tosatti)
- Revert r6804-r6808 (qcow2 allocation info). This series of changes added
   a high cost to startup for large qcow2 images (Anthony Liguori)
 - qemu-img: fix help message (Aurelien Jarno)
 - Fix build for non-default installs of SDL (Anthony Liguori)
- Fix race condition in env->interrupt_request. When using TCG and a dynticks
   host timer, this condition could cause TCG to get stuck in an infinite
   loop (Aurelien Jarno)
- Fix reading encrypted hard disk passwords during early startup (Jan Kiszka)
 - Fix encrypted disk reporting in 'info block' (Jan Kiszka)
 - Fix console size with tiny displays (MusicPal) (Jan Kiszka)
 - Improve error handling in bdrv_open2 (Jan Kiszka)
 - Avoid leaking data in mux'ed character devices (Jan Kiszka)
 - Fix initial character device reset (no banner in monitor) (Jan Kiszka)
 - Fix cpuid KVM crash on i386 host (Lubomir Rintel)
- Fix SLES10sp2 installation by adding ISTAT1 register to LSI SCSI emulation
   (Ryan Harper)
Sounds great!